At STI Polymer, community is at the heart of our values. In our ongoing commitment…
7 Reasons Water-Based Polymers are Superior to Solvent-Based Polymers
1. Environmental Friendliness:
- Reduced VOC Emissions: Water-based polymers have lower volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions compared to solvent-based polymers. VOCs can contribute to air pollution and have adverse effects on human health and the environment.
- Non-toxic: Water is non-toxic, while many solvents used in solvent-based polymers can be hazardous to both human health and the environment.
- Reduced Fire Hazard: Water-based polymers are less flammable than solvent-based counterparts, making them safer to handle and store.
3. Health Benefits:
- Reduced Health Risks: Workers exposed to solvent fumes may experience respiratory problems, skin irritation, and other health issues. Water-based systems are generally safer for workers and occupants of spaces where these materials are used.
4. Ease of Handling and Cleanup:
- Easy Cleanup: Water-based polymers can be cleaned up with water, simplifying maintenance and reducing the need for hazardous waste disposal.
- Reduced Equipment Corrosion: Solvents can be corrosive to equipment and may require more frequent maintenance.
- Compatibility: Water-based polymers are often more compatible with a wide range of substrates, including paper, textiles, and various types of coatings, making them suitable for diverse applications.
- Improvements in Technology: Advancements in water-based polymer formulations have led to improved performance characteristics, such as durability and adhesion, making them competitive with solvent-based alternatives in many applications.
- Reduced Odor: Water-based systems generally have less odor compared to solvent-based systems, making them more suitable for applications where odor control is important, such as in interior spaces.
Here at STI Polymer we focus only on water-based polymers. Check out any of our products for a water-based solution.